The Cura 2 height adjustable profiling community/hospital bed is a fully featured profiling bed that is suitable for use at home or in a care environment. It features an extendable integral extending platform, which can be utilised – even when the user is in bed. Suitable mattress extension pads can be inserted once the platform has been extended. This is ideal for taller users.
- 4- section advanced electric profiling adjustments
- Easy to use handset control with function lockout
- Exceptional electric height range 250 – 700mm
- Integral 200mm bed extension
- Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg
- One-button auto-contour positioning
- Disassembles into 4 parts for improved transportation and installation access
- Compact transport and storage system
- Complemented by a range of accessories
- Maximum patient weight 215kg (34 stone)
- Safe Working Load 250kg (39 Stone)
The Cura 2 community profiling (hospital bed) bed has the option of full-length extending telescopic or ¾ length folding 4-bar side rails. The easily extendable full-length and 3/4-length folding rails are designed to fit the Cura 2 Bed at a sufficient height to accommodate a typical mattress/overlay combination to enhance patient safety.
The Cura 2 bed features a safety locking/unlocking mechanism that prevents unintentional activation/movement of the bed & locking castor wheels to prevent the bed from moving.
The Cura 2 profiling bed features an exceptional electric height range 250 – 700mm. The Cura 2 Bed ensures that carers can work comfortably and avoid static load. The adjustable height range also assists the patient with getting in and out of bed.
One person can manage the quick and easy assembly of the bed without the use of tools, and when not in use.
The transport and storage system allows the bed to be folded into a compact unit to maximize space efficiency.
The Cura 2 bed has been independently tested to certify that it complies with the latest stability, dimensional and safety requirements of the IEC60601-2-52 Standard.
The integral bed extension built in to the mattress platform can be easily extended in situ by 200mm without disassembling the bed. Thus, offering maximum care flexibility and providing a safe, comfortable experience for taller patients.
Cura2 profiling bed specifications
|Product code:||CURA2-UBEB7001||Upper bracket height:||300 – 700mm|
|Overall length:||2185mm||Lower bracket height:||250 – 640mm|
|Overall length (extended):||2385mm||Height range:||250 – 700mm|
|Overall width (with side rails):||932mm||Total bed weight:||81.3kg|
|Overall width (with removable side rails):||1050mm||Backrest angle:||0 – 70 degrees|
|Mattress platform:||2000 x 900mm||Knee-break angle:||0 – 33 degrees|
|Mattress platform (extended):||2200 x 900mm||Calf rest angle:||5 – 20 degrees|
|Maximum patient weight||215kg (34 stone)||Warranty:||2 years on electrical parts|
|Safe Working Load||250kg (39 Stone)||5 years on metal work|
Cura2 profiling bed accessories
|CURA2-UBEB7002FL-2||Telescopic side rails – Full Length|
|CURA2-UBEB002001FL-2MESH||Mesh full length side rail bumpers|
|CURA2-UBEB002001FL-2MESH-EXT||Mesh full length side rail bumpers extension|
|CURA2-UBEB7002||3/4 side rails|
|CURA2-UBEB002001||3/4 length side rail bumpers|
|CURA2-UBEB7003||Patient lifting pole|
|CURA2-UBEB7004-3||Inline grab rail|
|CURA2-USPF3408||Mattress extension squab infill|
Benefits of an adjustable height bed?
- The capability to lower and raise a bed’s height can benefit those who use the bed daily and their carers. Setting the bed to the correct height is particularly beneficial to those with limited mobility.
- This can help you get in and out of bed, especially for those who can self-transfer into a wheelchair. The function can also be used to assist an individual in achieving a semi-standing position.
- Reducing the height of the bed can also offer increased security against falls due to the position of the bed being closer to the floor.
- Some beds offer a shallow height, such as only 21cm, from the floor and, when used with a padded mat at the side of the bed, can offer more excellent protection from injury.
- Raising the height of the bed to an ergonomic height is particularly useful for carers as it allows them to care for their clients at a safe working height, therefore reducing their risk of back strain and associated injury.