Soft helmets for epilepsy
A soft helmet for epilepsy is a type of headgear that is designed to protect the head from injury during a seizure. Also known as special needs helmets or epilepsy head protection. Special needs soft helmets are made from a variety of materials, such as impact resistant foam, fabric, leather and plastic. They are typically lightweight and comfortable to wear and they can be worn for extended periods of time.
Soft helmets for epilepsy offer a number of benefits, including:
- Protection from head injuries. Soft helmets can help to protect the head from serious injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and brain bleeds. This is especially important for people with epilepsy who are at risk of falling during a seizure.
- Reduced risk of death. Studies have shown that soft helmets can reduce the risk of death from head injuries by up to 80%. This is because soft helmets can help to absorb the impact of a fall and prevent the head from hitting the ground directly.
- Improved quality of life. Soft helmets can help people with epilepsy to live more active and fulfilling lives. This is because they can help to reduce the risk of head injuries, which can lead to serious disabilities.
- Peace of mind for caregivers. Soft helmets can provide caregivers with peace of mind, knowing that their loved one is protected from head injuries during a seizure. A soft helmet will also have less impact if accidental contact is made with a family member of caregiver during a seizure. We do not recommend hard helmets for this reason.
Soft helmets for epilepsy are particularly beneficial for children and young adults. This is because children and young adults are more likely to fall during a seizure, and they are also more likely to experience serious complications from head injuries.
Here are some additional benefits of soft helmets head protection for epilepsy:
- Soft helmets are comfortable to wear. They are typically made from lightweight and breathable materials, and they can be adjusted to fit snugly but comfortably on the head.
- Soft helmets are durable. They are designed to withstand multiple impacts, and they can be cleaned and maintained easily.
- Soft helmets are affordable. They are typically less expensive than hard helmets, and they are often covered by insurance.
Soft helmets for epilepsy summary
If you or someone you know has epilepsy, consider talking to your doctor about the benefits of a soft helmet. Soft helmets can help to protect the head from serious injury during a seizure, and they can improve the quality of life for people with epilepsy and their caregivers.
Use the form below to contact us
On this page, you can find all the details you need to contact us by email, phone or even on social media. Also, you can sign up for our newsletter, where we will inform you about our offers and some helpful information.
Please note: We do not sell our users’ details to any 3rd parties.
We only use your details to respond to your enquiry. We do not send out SPAM emails!
HP-Sleep Special Needs Head Protection
- Comfortable & super soft
- Brushed leather finish
- Naturally breathable
- Highly defined fit
- Exceptionally light
HP-5 Adjustable Special Needs Head Protection
- Full leather outer
- Adjustable in many ways
- Add-on protection
- Rear impact protection pad
- Custom colours available
- Can accommodate dressings
HP-4 “Maximum” Special Needs Head Protection
- Excellent head protection
- Toxin-free leather
- Add-on protection options
- Very hardwearing
- Fully customisable for you
- In-built impact pad (rear)
HP-3 Special Needs Helmet Head Protection
- Closed top design
- All round protection
- High-density foam
- Adjustable chin strap
- Leather outer & liner