What is a modular stairlift?
A modular stairlift is a type of stairlift that is made up of pre-fabricated sections that can be assembled to fit any staircase. This makes modular stairlifts more versatile, adaptable and quicker to install than traditional stairlifts, which are typically custom-made for each staircase.
The benefits of modular stairlifts compared with traditional stairlifts
- Cost: Modular stairlifts are typically less expensive than traditional stairlifts. This is because they are made up of prefabricated sections that can be assembled quickly and easily.
- Installation time: Modular stairlifts can be installed more quickly than traditional stairlifts – in the case of 24-7 Healthcare, we can install a curved or straight configuration in 24-48hrs. This is because modular stairlifts do not require any custom fabrication, unlike curved stairlifts.
- Versatility: Modular stairlifts can be installed on a wider variety of staircases than traditional stairlifts. This is because they are made up of prefabricated sections that can be assembled to fit any staircase, regardless of its shape or size.
- Adaptable & re-useable: Modular stairlifts can be easily adapted to meet the changing needs of the user. For example, if the user’s mobility needs change, the stairlift can be modified to accommodate those changes. A modular stairlift can be removed and installed into another location with ease.
Some additional benefits of modular stairlifts
- Modular stairlifts are easy to use. They typically have a simple control panel that makes it easy to operate the stairlift.
- Modular stairlifts are safe. They have a number of safety features, such as safety belts and emergency stop buttons.
- Modular stairlifts are comfortable. They typically have padded seats and backrests.
- Modular stairlifts are durable. They are made from high-quality materials and are designed to withstand years of use.
If you are considering a stairlift, it is important to weigh the benefits of modular stairlifts and traditional stairlifts. Modular stairlifts are typically less expensive, easier, quicker to install and more versatile than traditional stairlifts. However, traditional stairlifts may be a better option for some people, such as those with VERY complex staircase designs or those who need a stairlift with a lot of custom features.
If you are unsure which type of stairlift is right for you, it is important to talk to a stairlift specialist like us. We can help you to assess your needs and choose the best type of stairlift for your home and your budget.
Use the form below to contact us
On this page, you can find all the details you need to contact us by email, phone or even on social media. Also, you can sign up for our newsletter, where we will inform you about our offers and some helpful information.
Please note: We do not sell our users’ details to any 3rd parties.
We only use your details to respond to your enquiry. We do not send out SPAM emails!
Some of our stairlifts
Icon Rehab UP.LIFT Modular Stairlift
- Next Day Install available
- User weight 140Kg (straight)
- User weight 120Kg (curved)
- Auto hinge rail & seat swivel
- Intercom connected
- Remote fault finding
Handicare 1100 Straight Stairlift
- 140Kg user weight
- Straight stairlift
- Safety sensors
- Easy to keep clean
- Super slim line rail
Handicare 1000 XXL Straight Stairlift
- 200kg/34.5st weight limit
- Battery back-up
- Six upholstery colours
- Folding footrest
- Power Swivel seat option
Platinum Curve Stairlift
- Easy to foldaway seat
- Diagnostic Display
- 140kg weight limit