This UK designed and manufactured bath will enhance any bathroom environment, allowing the bather the dignity of taking a bath in their own home. Also ensuring carers work and care at a safe and comfortable working height, helping to reduce the risk of back strain. This beautifully designed bath can also be used by the whole family.
The Astor Rio height adjustable assisted bath combined with a patented Astor Neatfold stretcher gives a compact 3-in-1 bathing, changing and showering solution ideal for use in a smaller bathroom. As the changing stretcher is neatly folded away on the top of the bath for bathing, the capacity of the bath is not compromised and the bather can enjoy a relaxing bath whilst being fully immersed in the water without any restriction of a changing surface in the bath with them.
When the bather is ready to be dried and changed, they can be simply hoisted vertically, the stretcher can be slid into place underneath them and they can be lowered straight onto the comfortable hammocking dry surface.
- Air spa system
- Integrated Bluetooth music/sound system
- LED colour changing light system
- Range of thermostatic valves with shower attachment
- WRAS shower gantry system
- Neatfold shower and changing stretcher
- Range of service and maintenance packages (contact for more information)
With a width of 755mm, the Rio can comfortably accommodate all types of internal body bath supports.
- Body, head and neck support cushions
- Internal knee blocks / universal footboard
- Astor Neatfold Bath Cradle
- Astor Body Support Cushion
- Astor Grip Strip Half Moon 500 mm Bolster
- Astor Grip Strip Half Moon 1000 mm Bolster
- Astor Grip Strip Head Vacuum Support Cushion
- Astor Grip Strip Knee Wedge Bolster
- Astor Grip Strip Head Wedge Bolster
- Astor Side and Base Support Cushions
- Astor Padded Vacuum Head Support Cushion
As with all Astor Bannerman assisted baths, the Astor bath has a battery backup in the event of a power failure and access for floor and ceiling hoists if required.
Astor Bannerman (Medical) Ltd supplied this product to a family featured in the BBC One series ‘DIY SOS: The Big Build’ and was used as part of a life-changing transformation to the home of a family in Herefordshire.
Pre-installation checklist : 24-7 healthcare Rio Pre Install Check Sheet
Astor Rio specifications sheet: 24-7 Healthcare Astor Rio Bath Specification Sheet
Astor Rio operating guide: 24-7 Healthcare Rio & Kiva Operating Instructions
Astor Rio assisted bath features summary
- Maximum working load 250 kg/39 st
- Height range 700 mm – 1000 mm (300 mm)
- External dimensions 1695 mm (L) x 755 mm (W)
- Height-adjustable (mains electric)
- Handset operation
- Handset-controlled auto fill (low profile taps option)
- Battery backup
- Floor and ceiling hoist access
If you are unsure which assisted bath to purchase, please seek the advice of an occupational therapist who will be able to assess the most suitable option to meet your needs fully. Many different models are suitable for a variety of users. Contact us for impartial advice on which particular product could benefit you.