The Essential Touch mattress is a pressure redistributing support surface/mattress for the community, residential and community healthcare environment.
Featuring square castellations, it provides better pressure distribution than mattresses with full width castellations and further facilitates immersion and envelopment.
With its double-sided castellations, the mattress can be flipped inside the cover, providing additional longevity, and a more cost-effective solution.
Essential Touch medical mattress provides comfort and pressure redistribution, meeting the needs of individuals at risk or high risk
of developing pressure injuries.
It also manages shear and friction forces better across the width and length of the medical mattress, whilst reducing moisture and by controlling the build-up of heat.
The breathable water-resistant cover provides a vapor-permeable, multi-stretch surface, to promote patient comfort, contribute
to skin integrity and facilitate the immersion and envelopment properties of the Essential Touch.
Essential Touch medical bed mattress is one of three models in the Essential range of support surfaces, providing a pressure redistribution, exceptional comfort, pressure reduction and value for money.
2000 x 880 x 150 mm – Order no. 1631831
2000 x 850 x 150 mm – Order no. 60134362
2050 x 880 x 150 mm – Order no. 60134368
Nursing care is pivotal in pressure injury prevention. The Essential Touch mattress will positively contribute to the outcome when combined with an individual and comprehensive pressure injury protocol.
A range of assessment scales can be used as a formal method of assessing risk from pressure injury development and should be used in conjunction with an informal assessment (informed nursing judgement). Informal assessment is of greater importance and clinical value.
- Double sided cut foam castellations: improves comfort and ensures effective pressure redistribution.
- Durable Cover: the multi stretch, water resistant, polyurethane fabric is providing excellent recovery and durability, which helps
to reduce shear and friction forces.
- The cover also has a white inner liner allowing easy inspection for strikethrough or other cover damage.
- 3-sided zip: Zipped around 3 sides for ease of inspection and laundering.
- The zipper is protected with a fabric overlap to help prevent fluid ingress.
Downloadable documents (PDF)
It can be challenging to prevent pressure ulcers completely, but there are some things you or your care team can do to reduce the risk. These include:
- Regularly changing your position – if you’re unable to change position yourself, a relative or carer will need to help you
- Checking your skin every day for early signs and symptoms of pressure ulcers – this will be done by your care team if you’re in a hospital or care home
- Have a healthy, balanced diet that contains enough protein and a good variety of vitamins and minerals – if you’re concerned about your diet or caring for someone whose diet may be poor, ask your GP or healthcare team for a referral to a dietitian
- Stopping smoking – smoking makes you more likely to get pressure ulcers because of the damage caused to blood circulation
If you’re in a hospital or care home, your healthcare team should be aware of the risk of developing pressure ulcers. They should carry out a risk assessment, monitor your skin and use preventative measures, such as regular repositioning.
If you would like to know more or you need help don’t hesitate to contact us.