A guide to choosing the right bariatric chair for you
Bariatric chairs are designed to provide safe, comfortable, and supportive seating for individuals who require a larger seating area due to obesity or limited mobility caused by medical conditions. They are highly versatile, accommodating a wide range of body sizes and shapes, making them a popular choice for healthcare facilities such as hospitals and nursing homes.
Benefits of using a bariatric chair
- Comfort and support: Bariatric chairs are made with thicker padding and wider seats than traditional chairs, providing greater comfort and support for people with larger bodies.
- Durability: Bariatric chairs have higher weight capacities than traditional chairs, making them more durable and reliable for long-term use.
- Safety: Bariatric chairs are designed to be more stable than traditional chairs, reducing the risk of falls and injuries.
- Ease of use: Bariatric chairs often come with features such as adjustable heights and armrests, making them easy to use for people with limited mobility.
Factors to consider when choosing a bariatric chair
- Weight capacity: The most important factor to consider when choosing a bariatric chair is the weight capacity. The chair should be able to safely support your weight and any additional weight you may be carrying, such as a backpack or purse.
- Seat size: The seat of the chair should be wide enough to accommodate your body comfortably. You should also consider the depth of the seat, as you want to make sure you have enough legroom.
- Features: Bariatric chairs come with a variety of features, such as adjustable heights, armrests, and reclining mechanisms. Choose the features that are most important to you and that will make the chair most comfortable and easy to use.
- Materials: Bariatric chairs are made from a variety of materials, such as metal, wood, and plastic. Choose a material that is durable and that will not easily scratch or damage.
Tips for purchasing a bariatric chair
- Do your research: Before you buy a bariatric chair, it is important to do your research and compare different models. Read online reviews and talk to people who own bariatric chairs to get their recommendations.
- Shop around: There are a variety of places to buy bariatric chairs, including online retailers, medical supply stores, and furniture stores. Shop around to find the best price and the chair that is right for you.
- Try before you buy: If possible, try out different bariatric chairs before you buy one. This will help you to ensure that you find a chair that is comfortable and that fits your needs.
Common mistakes to avoid when choosing a bariatric chair
- Not getting the right size: One of the biggest mistakes people make when choosing a bariatric chair is not getting the right size. A chair that is too small will be uncomfortable and even dangerous, while a chair that is too big will be impractical and take up too much space.
- Purchasing an overly expensive model: While quality is important, it is also necessary to understand that you don’t necessarily need to break the bank to get a good bariatric chair. There are many affordable options available that will meet your needs.
- Not considering your needs: When choosing a bariatric chair, it is important to consider your specific needs. Think about how you will be using the chair and what features are most important to you.
Bariatric chairs can provide a number of benefits for people with larger bodies. They can provide comfort, support, and safety, and they can make it easier for people to participate in activities that they enjoy. If you are considering purchasing a bariatric chair, be sure to do your research and choose a chair that is right for you. With proper care and maintenance, a bariatric chair can last for many years.
Use the form below to contact us
On this page, you can find all the details you need to contact us by email, phone or even on social media. Also, you can sign up for our newsletter, where we will inform you about our offers and some helpful information.
Please note: We do not sell our users’ details to any 3rd parties.
We only use your details to respond to your enquiry. We do not send out SPAM emails!
Cura Porta Select – Adjustable Neuro Chair
- User weight 20st & 25st
- True Tilt-In-Space
- Adjustable seat depth
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable arm height
- Adjustable seat width
- Pressure Relief
- Paediatric option
Cura Attollo – Bariatric Riser Recliner Chair
- 317kg Weight limit
- 30st leg raiser
- Fabric options
- On-site width adjust
- Manufactured in Britain
Cura Attollo XXL Riser Recliner Chair 120st
- 120st/762kg weight limit
- 40st capacity Leg raiser
- Pressure relief
- Choice of colours & fabrics
- Made in Britain
Cura Attollo XL Riser Recliner Chair 80st
- 508kg weight limit
- Bariatric Lift Chair
- Made in Britain
- Fully customisable
- Level lift feature
- Choice of fabrics & colours