The Invacare Birdie EVO, Birdie EVO Compact are specially designed to offer a comfortable lift and transfer to or from beds, chairs, or even the floor. Ideal for use in domestic and residential care environments, the hoists are designed to fold and unfold easily without the need for tools. Birdie EVO provides comfort and ease of use. Invacare’s patient lifting equipment maximises space for the client even when the hoist is in its highest position. This gives an ergonomic lift, and transfer, as the client can be easily rotated 360°, which makes positioning much easier for the carer.
Ease of handling is another notable feature the hoist has been made as smooth and easy as possible and can easily be folded and unfolded without the need for tools. It takes up minimal space when stored and easy to push and transport. If required, the mast and boom can also be easily detached from the base for easy transportation without any tools required.
The Birdie EVO is CE-certified in line with the Medical Device Directive 93/42/ECC. The hoists have been rigorously tested by Invacare and the German TÜV institute – an accredited external body. This is to ensure that the hoists comply with EN ISO 10535 (the European standard for hoists).
Birdie Evo Compact version
The Compact version offers a smaller footprint making it easier to manoeuvre and operate within environments where space is limited. Its lifting range is 530-1590mm and has a maximum user weight of 150kg.
Birdie Evo hoist features
Perfect hook design
Attach slings easily with one hand on a larger surface for more stability.
U-Shape Spreader bar
Giving more space for the client’s head and enabling to maintain interaction between client and carer.
Ergonomic Push Bar
Ergonomic design of the push bar makes handling and manoeuvring easier. Increased depth of handles allows for comfortable arm extension during transportation.
Birdie Evo key features include:
- Long boom – high user comfort: The client can easily be rotated and positioned. Reduced risk of injury to the knees.
- Easy to fold and dismantle: Allows for ease of transportation and storage.
- No tools required when folding/unfolding or when dismantling the hoist.
- Snap lock: It features a nap lock that ensures optimal security.
- Emergency stop, lowering, and integrated charger: Manual or electric emergency lowering (compact version only electric lowering). The control box is supplied with a detachable or fixed battery.
- Manual leg spread: Users can simply step on the pedal to adjust the leg spread.
- Available as Birdie Evo, Birdie Evo Compact & Birdie Evo XPlus
- Mounted spreader bar: This Allows correct and safe positioning of the spreader bar.
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice on a hoist.
Downloadable documents (PDF)
What is a mobile or portable hoist?
These are small, mobile devices that can be used to lift someone from a chair to a bed, from a bed to a commode. All mobile-assisted transfer devices for disabled people have been developed, especially for the domestic care environment and the patient in mind. They have the following advantages and disadvantages.
- A portable or mobile hoist typically folds down to take up less space when not used.
- They can be folded and placed into the boot of a car.
- Compact versions of hoists feature a smaller footprint and are more portable than a standard model.
- They require flat, level floors.
- They can be difficult to manoeuvre on carpets require effort to move and position correctly.
- It is difficult to lift from normal domestic beds and seating without enough gap to allow the legs of the hoist to pass underneath.
- Requires charging/plugging in and can have a limited lift height capacity.
- The wheels need to be locked and unlocked during the transfer process.