The Ultralight Telescopic Channel Ramps are great for wheelchair, powerchair and mobility scooter users who need to overcome obstacles or want to load their mobility aid into a vehicle, quickly and without fuss.
These are versatile ramps that can be used at any length – even fully extended!
These ultralight telescopic channel ramps are the most adjustable ramp model in our range, these ramps extend up to nearly 3m, yet are extremely compact for very easy storage in a vehicle.
They are available in 2 or 3 section versions to suit your storage requirements and are available in four lengths.
Ultralight Telescopic Channel Ramps features & benefits:
- Versatile ramps that can be used at any length, even partly extended
- Extremely compact storage
- Ideal for vehicle access – long version great for 4×4’s
- Uniquely high capacity and generous channel widths
- Silent telescopic mechanism with strong safety clip to prevent opening when stored or carried
- The two halves can be used at different lengths from each other – great for cross-slopes!”
- Commonly used for residential and vehicle access
- Separate halves allow lighter carrying
- Great for narrow doorways
- All pictures shown are for illustration purposes only.
- The actual product may vary due to product enhancement
- These ramps are only suitable for use as mobility aids
Contact us if you require help, advice or more information.
Ultralight Telescopic Channel Ramps specifications
|Code (pair)||Length (Max)||Length (Min)||Width (Internal channel)||Capacity (pair)||Weight (each half)||Stored Dimensions L x W x D (each)|
|PT12-2||120cm (3’ 11”)||75cm (2’ 5”)||19cm (8ins)||400kg (63st)||3.6kg (8lbs)||117 x 24.5 x 6cm (46 x 10 x 2ins)|
|PT20-2||202cm (6’ 8”)||117cm (3’ 10”)||19cm (8ins)||350kg (55st)||5.8kg (13lbs )||117 x 24.5 x 6cm (46 x 10 x 2ins)|
|PT20-3||199cm (6’ 6”)||87cm (2’ 10”)||18cm (7ins)||350kg (55st)||6.1kg (14lbs)||87 x 24.5 x 7cm (31 x 10 x 3ins)|
|PT29-3||288cm (9’ 5”)||117cm (3’ 10”)||18cm (7ins)||300kg (47st)||8.2kg (18lbs)||117 x 24.5 x 7cm (46 x 9 x 3ins)|
Why choose a wheelchair ramp?
While there has been some improvement in the availability of access ramps in public buildings, there will be many occasions when a wheelchair user finds it difficult to access a facility. One increasingly popular solution is the use of portable wheelchair ramps. These can be folded up and transported in a vehicle, providing a convenient way to maintain independence.
Although there are a variety of types of portable wheelchair ramps out there, essentially, they come in two styles: double-track or single platform, although you will also find a range of threshold ramps that can be used in the home.
A portable ramp should be able to accommodate use by anyone using a powered wheelchair or a manual chair, as well as scooters and walkers, and both safety and functionality.