The Broadfold Space Saver Portable Ramp folds in half for compact storage. It will give you easy access over any step or kerb, whether on foot, in a wheelchair or mobility scooter; these disabled access ramps are available in 5ft, 6ft, 7ft and 8ft lengths and fold in half to make them more compact and easy to transport.
Space Saver Broadfold Portable Ramp video
The Broadfold Portable Ramp features include:
- Up to 350kg capacity, open width 760mm
- Quick and easy to set up
- It folds to half the length for compact storage
- The unique design enables incredible grip
- Clips together when folded
- Contrasting colour edge strip increases visibility
- Centre-mounted carrying handle
- Maximum gradient = 1 in 6, although 1 in 8 is recommended
- The non-slip surface on our wheelchair ramps is glued onto the metal ramp. Therefore these ramps are not suitable to be kept outside and exposed to the weather.
- All pictures shown are for illustration purposes only. The actual product may vary due to product enhancement.
- These ramps are only suitable for use as mobility aids.
Contact us if you require hep and advice or more information.
Space Saver Broadfold Portable Ramp specifications
|Code||Length||Ramp Width*||Lip Width||Capacity||Weight|
|AB15||150cm (5′)||76cm (30″)||71.4cm (28.1″)||350kg (55st)||12.1kg (27lbs)|
|AB18||180cm (6′)||76cm (30″)||71.4cm (28.1″)||350kg (55st)||13.5kg (30lbs)|
|AB21||210cm (7′)||76cm (30″)||71.4cm (28.1″)||300kg (47st)||14.9kg (33lbs)|
|AB24||240cm (8′)||76cm (30″)||71.4cm (28.1″)||250kg (30st)||16.4kg (36lbs)|
Why choose a wheelchair ramp?
While there has been some improvement in the availability of access ramps in public buildings, there will be many occasions when a wheelchair user finds it difficult to access a facility. One increasingly popular solution is the use of portable wheelchair ramps. These can be folded up and transported in a vehicle, providing a convenient way to maintain independence.
Although there are a variety of types of portable wheelchair ramps out there, essentially, they come in two styles: double-track or single platform, although you will also find a range of threshold ramps that can be used in the home.
A portable ramp should be able to accommodate use by anyone using a powered wheelchair or a manual chair, as well as scooters and walkers, and both safety and functionality.